- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar (i use light, personal preference)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (don't cheat, get the real stuff)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-12oz package chocolate chips (i use more)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, optional (i always optional)
okay, first off, i have to warn you...when you test the cookies with your fingertips, cookies WILL BE HOT. just a little caveat. don't want the mcdonald's hot-coffee-in-the-lap lawyer knocking on my door. that poor lady. but i don't hold mcdonald's responsible. i dated her grandson. i'm off point.....
5 dozen cookies. that's 1 dozen (12) multiplied by 5. that's 60 cookies. somethins' wrong with my oven because i only get about 24 cookies. either i make them too big or i eat too many before they actually make it into the cookie jar.
i'm not posting a photo of the cookies. you know what a chocolate chip cookie looks like, and it's possible i may be trying to cover for not having any left to photograph. just sayin'.